- SIP Newsletter
published three times per year provides current information on Society
activities, research advances and issues, Division activities, meetings
and employment and educational opportunities.
- Divisions on Microbial Control,
Microsporidia Bacteria, Viruses, Fungi and Nematodes.
- Activities have included annual workshops on
topics of special interest to the members and special projects such as
the production of Slide Atlases of Invertebrate Pathology and Microbial
control and translations of important documents into English.
- Annual meetings, national
and international, with an extensive program of symposia and submitted
papers and posters allows discussions with peers on topics of mutual
interest. Student poster and paper competitions have also become an
important aspect of the annual meetings. Abstracts of the meetings are
provided to all members as part of membership.
- Special reports and publications including a
Directory of Industries Involved in the Development of Microbial Control
and a SIP Membership List (produced every two years).
- Forum for current topics (regulatory issues,
industry involvement, others).
- Reduced rates for the Journal of Invertebrate Pathology.
Personal subscription rates are $563.00 but SIP
members pay only $115.00!
- Biocontrol Science and Technology, published by Taylor and Francis, is available to SIP members at a discounted rate of $279 (US) or £158 (British pounds) per Society member. This is over a 60% discount, and applies to individual (not institutional) subscriptions only. To take advantage of the discounted rate, contact Taylor and Francis’ customer service department at: Subscriptions@TandF.co.uk.