Applying for a Division travel award and the Martignoni Award
You need to supply the following information as one single PDF using the link at the end of this page:
- Curriculum vitae. This should include your name, address, e-mail address, institution, earned degrees, current degree program, honors and awards, research experience, and a list of publications and previous presentations.
- A short biographical sketch and description of scientific interests and goals.
- A letter from your supervisor providing (1) a recommendation, (2) verification of your student status, and (3) confirmation that the research presented was conducted by you. If you are not listed as the first author of the submitted abstract, your supervisor must explain your specific role in the research and how you have met this requirement.
- Presentation abstract. The body of the abstract should be 200 words or less and should provide a summary of your presentation. The title, authors, author affiliations, and presentation category (oral or poster) should be clearly indicated. Your research contribution is one of the most important criteria for selection. Therefore, the abstract should be crafted with care, succinctly describing the research rationale, any unusual or novel methods, and the principal results. An explanation of the significance of the research findings should be offered in conclusion, based on sound interpretation of the results.
- Methods. Brief (one page) description of experimental and analytical methods employed in conducting the research reported in the presentation abstract.
- Division. Name one Division only to consider your application for the travel award. However, if your presentation relates to more than one pathogen group or involves fundamental studies such as research on invertebrate immune defence systems, please indicate the Division or Divisions you feel would be most qualified to judge your work.
Confirmation that the application has been received will be sent out.
Please note: Submitting an award application does not automatically ensure your presentation in the meeting program and abstracts. To be included in the program, you MUST also submit your abstract to the meeting organizers as specifically instructed on the meeting website.
If additional information is needed, contact email@example.com or Monique van Oers