BYLAWS OF THE VIRUS DIVISION OF THE SOCIETY FOR INVERTEBRATE PATHOLOGY
ARTICLE I. NAME
- This association shall be known as the VIRUS DIVISION OF THE SOCIETY FOR INVERTEBRATE PATHOLOGY.
ARTICLE II: OBJECTIVES OF THE DIVISION
- To facilitate interaction among scientists who have special interest in viruses of invertebrates.
- To facilitate exchange of information among scientists interested in viruses of invertebrates, regardless of primary interests, through symposia, workshops, and printed and electronic media.
- To provide the organization through which problems and matters relevant to the study of invertebrate viruses may be presented for discussion and action among concerned scientists.
ARTICLE III. MEMBERSHIP
- Any member of the SOCIETY FOR INVERTEBRATE PATHOLOGY with an interest in viruses of invertebrates shall be eligible for membership in the DIVISION.
- Membership of this DIVISION shall be contingent on payment of annual dues in addition to the regular SOCIETY dues. The amount of annual dues shall be approved by the DIVISION membership at its Annual Meeting.
ARTICLE IV. OFFICERS AND EXECUTIVE COMMITTEE
- A Chairperson, Vice Chairperson, and a Secretary shall be elected biennially by ballot at a session of the Division held during the Annual Meeting of the SOCIETY. Elected officers shall take office at the close of the meeting at which they were elected.
- The Executive Committee shall consist of the above mentioned elected officers plus two additional members, elected in the same manner.
- The duties of the officers and the Executive Committee, with the aid of such other committees as are appointed by the Chairperson, shall be to conduct the affairs of the DIVISION, within the framework of the Constitution an Bylaws of the SOCIETY.