ABSTRACT SUBMISSION & INFORMATION FOR PRESENTERS
Abstracts must be submitted by E-mail to email@example.com according to the following instructions before the specified deadline of April 20, 2012. Abstracts received after the deadline may be declined if the program is filled. In addition, the Program Committee reserves the right to request that some contributed oral paper submissions be presented as posters, although this will only be done if absolutely necessary. You will receive a confirmation email that your abstract has been received within 24 hours.
Format (in Microsoft Office Word):
- Language: English
- Suggested font: Arial, size 10 cpi
- Abstract title typed in bold
- The last name(s) of the author(s) should be written in upper and lower case, preceded by the first name(s) of the author(s) written in full. The presenting author’s name must be underlined
- All authors’ affiliation details should be written under the names, preceded by the corresponding indices and followed by the E-mail address of the presenter.
- Spacing between the title, author(s) names, affiliations and the abstract text: Single
- Abstract text limit: 250 words (title, names and affiliation not included).
- Text alignment: Justified
- Line spacing of the text: Single
- Please indicate Oral/Poster presentation and Division in the text of the E-mail, and after the body of the abstract.
The organizing committee will handle several hundred abstracts and asks that you name your abstract files in order to better organize the meeting sessions.
Naming your abstract.doc file:
1) choose the two-letter code that assigns your presentation to the appropriate Division or topic:
BA Bacteria Division
DB Diseases of Beneficial Invertebrates Division
FU Fungus Division
MI Microsporidia Division
MC Microbial Control Division
NE Nematode Division
VI Virus Division
2) dash (-)
3) your last name
4) abstract number (if you are submitting more than one)
5) -O for “Oral” and -P for “Poster” (if you are submitting more than one)
e.g. If you (Dr/Mr/Ms. Jones) are submitting two abstracts in the Bacteria Division (BA), one for an Oral presentation and another as a Poster, you should name them:
If you are submitting one abstract in the Bacteria Division (BA) and another in the Microbial Control Division (MC), both as Posters, your files would be:
*See paragraph no. 1 under Abstract Submission regarding requests to submit more than one presentation.
6) If you want your work to be considered as a student presentation (competition for best student presentation), please indicate this by adding -STU at the and of the file name you are sending:
INFORMATION FOR PRESENTERS
Taking photographs, videos or making other reproductions of oral presentations and posters without author consent is PROHIBITED.
Posters will be displayed on poster boards and presenters must mount their work. Your poster dimension should not exceed 80 cm wide and 110 cm high (portrait). Suitable fixing materials will be provided by the Congress organizers and assistance will be available on site.
You are expected to attend your entire session, presenting your poster and interacting with other poster presenters.
The poster program will be announced later.
The organizers are not responsible for loss or damage to those posters which are not removed by authors within the times of dismantling as indicated in the program.
- Times for oral presentations are listed in the program. Contributed oral presentations will be limited to 12 minutes with an additional 3 minutes for answering questions. Presentations are organized in concurrent sessions and as a result, session moderators will be instructed to keep to the scheduled times.
- Length of symposium and Workshop Presentations will vary. More information can be obtained from the conveners of the different Symposia and Workshops.
- Audiovisual Equipment: Presentation rooms are equipped with PC computers and projectors only. No other form of projection will be available.
- Oral presentations must be supported by PowerPoint 2007. Due to time constraints and computer compatibility issues, presenters will not be permitted to use their own laptop (PC or MAC) in meeting rooms to deliver their presentations. Chose a standard font to ensure compatibility. PowerPoint files will load faster if the graphics file size is kept to a minimum.
- Please bring your oral presentation (and a back up copy) on a CD or memory stick (USB) to the conference for uploading at the registration desk the day before your presentation.