What does the Bacteria Division do?
- Helps organise the SIP Annual Meeting program every year
- Plans the International Conferences on Bt in conjunction with the local
- Organises symposia and workshops at the Annual Meeting.
- Awards one or more travel bursaries to enable students to attend an SIP
- Participates in the judging of the Martignoni and Lomer awards
- Participates in the judinging of the student oral and poster awards
- Links with other divisions of the SIP: for instance, for the organisation
of cross-division symposia.
The Division also oversees the Bacillus
Toxin Nomenclature Committee